Monday, February 28, 2011

final day...HOORAY!

  A huge round of applause to all those writers and illustrators out there who are streaming across the finish line of the 2011 Picture Book Marathon. Whether you’ve got 26 manuscripts you like or one illustration that you’re in love with, congratulations on the effort you've invested.

  Don’t forget to fill out the tally survey that should have arrived in your email inbox on Saturday or early Sunday. The survey will close at noon (MST) on Tuesday, so be sure to get your final count in before then. Remember to add your email on the last question if you’d like to be eligible for a drawing for a marathon travel mug. We’ll post final results on Wednesday.

  Finally, looking for somewhere to start polishing those manuscripts? Take a look at the many excellent regional SCBWI conferences, or, check out the Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers conference this June on Utah's Wasatch Front.  

  Look for more on the topic of revisions tomorrow. And, in the meantime, celebrate!

4 comments:

  1. This was great! I am sure glad I took part in this special event. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. I really have enjoyed it and have come up with 24 stories (so far). There are still a few hours to go and I might take another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting. I took way too much time with each story and was also working on an mg manuscript, so my count is low. I signed up to force myself to do at least a few. And I did three! And I'm happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it! Thanks for the motivation. The stories definitely need work, but they've got a first draft.
    I was definitely surprised with how some of them turned out. There are some that I'm quite pleased with.
    Thanks again!
    Good luck everybody! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed that wonderful opportunity. Next time i wont mess it.
    Domain registration India

    ReplyDelete