Sunday, January 26, 2014

Training Tip #7: Create an Idea File

If you haven't yet begun tracking picture book ideas, now's the time. Whether you use your phone, a notebook, or the back of your hand, write it down! Don't assume you'll remember it later.
  Train yourself to tune all of your senses in to picture book possibilities. Who knows? Your next picture book might originate in an overheard comment, a memory triggered by the smell of bubblegum ice cream, or the feel of your cat's tongue licking your hand.

2 comments:

  1. Got my notebook! And a very reliable pencil. (For erasing purposes.) Don't ask! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My iphone is my favorite tool for this. Its always on me so quite handy. Funny i should read this today, as I woke up in the middle of last night with an idea and wrote it down.

    ReplyDelete